Have a laugh
July 22, 2010 § 5 Comments
My mom sent me an email filled with hilarious cartoon clips a couple days ago. Sometimes we all need to fill our days with more laughter…:lol:
Get a healthy body and mind with laughter!
- Reduces stress hormones (cortisol and epinephrine) and increases health-enhancing hormones (endorphins and other neurotransmitters)
- Good physical and emotional release
- Get those abs by laughing, ’cause you’ll be working out your diaphragm, abs, and even your shoulders
- Leave muscles more relaxed
- Distraction to negative feelings (anger, stress, guilt)
- Encourages more “light-hearted” perspectives and optimism
- Helps you become a social butterfly! Everyone loves someone who smiles and laughs!
…and of course I can’t talk about laughter and not watch another one of Mary Poppins’ songs:
After having had a good laugh, I started my morning with a bowl of fruit yogurt madness:
Yogurt, banana soft-serve, mangoes, blueberries, and toasted bread. Hallelujah! 😀
Dinner was a simple one, which I already whipped up yesterday! Cold pasta salad!
This dish had whole wheat penne pasta, broccoli, chunks of mozzarella, roasted eggplants, chopped tomatoes, olives tossed in a mixture of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper, lemon juice, honey, and white wine vinegar.
All I did tonight was microwaved some peas and made some carrot fries.
Yumyum carrot fries!
Don’t you just love simple, fast dinners?
Not to mention the pasta salad was cold and well-marinated since it sat in the fridge overnight. For once I wasn’t sweating in the kitchen while cooking! 😎
Off to Thursday night Farmers market now! Summer seems to be a big Farmers market season. Hope I’ll get some cheap finds!
Hasta la vista amigas(os?)!
+ Do you guys have any good jokes to share? 😀