15, 7, 15
August 21, 2010 § 26 Comments
Fifteen pictures to show what I’ve been up to:
I’ve been drinking this new-to-me Coffee Milk I got from 7-Eleven.
I’ve been spending some money on cheap things that I can find in Taiwan only. From stationary to food items to clothes and shoes (thanks to night markets!).
Yes yes, I could have easily gotten the erasers, the rubber bands, the notebooks, and the sticker labels in the U.S., but believe me, they are wayyy cheaper in Taiwan. I think the rubber bands found in Taiwan are more elastic and stronger too. And who doesn’t love notebooks with lovely patterns, but only a little more than $1 a piece?
I’ve been spending some time in the bookstores and hauled 4 Mandarin books back. I like to read books in Mandarin from time to time to brush up my Mandarin.
Does anyone recognize the book on the bottom left? 😀 I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I bet the book is far better than the movie (like always).
I’ve been having some baking mishaps. I mistakenly added lemon extract instead of vanilla extract into the brownie batter. Cut me some slack, ’cause these two bottles look exactly the same, and when you’re zoned out like I was, you wouldn’t have noticed either!
The brownies still turned out okay though!
I didn’t tell my friends about my little oopsies, so when one of my friends bit into one, she was like…”hmmm…there’s an interesting taste to this brownie…” 😛
I’ve been playing with my cat, despite her not wanting to pay any attention to me.
Lastly, but definitely most importantly, I’ve been goofing off with my friends.
This morning when I woke up, I got an email from the adorable Michal at Earth Muffin that I got a blogger award from her! This is my very first blogger award so you can probably imagine my excitement ;).
So, I’m supposed to share 7 things about myself. Hmmm….
Seven things about me:
- I used to love steak and beef when I was little. But gradually, my taste bud for meat had subsided over the years, making the 2-year vegetarian that I am today :D.
- The thing I miss most being a vegetarian is fish. That’s my weakness whenever I walk into a Japanese restaurant here, because they have the best grilled fish ever!
- My dream house would consist of a large kitchen with lots of pantry space, a room made into my yoga sanctuary, and a little garden where I can grow my own herbs. And of course, there will be a dog and maybe even a cat.
- I grew up with friends that I knew way back in either elementary of middle school, making us an inseparable bunch. Taipei American School goes from K-12, so once you’ve found your friends, you’re most likely to stick with them till you graduate.
- I played varsity volleyball and varsity badminton in high school. Now don’t go smirking at the thought of “varsity” badminton! The average distance ran during a professional game is 4 miles, whereas tennis covers only 2 miles. The official smash record is 206 mph, set by a pair of Chinese doubles player (Tennis: 153 mph, set by Andy Roddick).
- I used to hate milk as a kid, but I gradually took on the taste of low-fat milk or skim milk. I could never down a glass of full-fat milk, even today!
- I can roll my tongue into lotus-flower shape.
Fifteen wonderful blogs that I pass this award to:
(in alphabetical order, because that’s only fair :))
- Amanda @ .seek.
- Ayla @ High on Healthy
- Gail @ The Sky Collector
- Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin
- Chelsey @ Clean Eating Chelsey
- Crystal @ Well Forward
- Jenny @ Moonwalk the Miles
- Kat @ Keep’n the Faith
- Katie @ Faith, Food, & Fitness
- Kaz @ The Art of Kaztronomy
- Lauren @ Whole Wheat or Bust
- Lisa @ I’m an Okie
- Megan @ The Oatmeal Diaries
- Sophia @ Burp and Slurp
- Wei-Wei @ ;yum
Hope you guys enjoyed that little tidbit about me :D.
+ What’s one thing about you that people can’t tell by looking at you?
+ Have you ever had a baking mishap but still turned out okay?